Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chocolate Stout Cupcakes

 I found myself in a different kitchen with different, yet not unfamiliar, ingredients.  I took a small field trip over to Liv's Kitchen, to visit with a good friend and to truly bond...by drinking wine spritzers and making cupcakes.  Now it will become quickly apparent to you that I am at heart a great cook, but a less than fabulous baker.  Which is why I met with Olivia.  Of all the people to adventure with into the world of baking, I couldn't have picked a better partner.  I mean, she's got a degree in CAKE.  No joke.   Not only is she a supremely talented baker, but she knows how to gently handle my baking ineptitude, even if it means pouring me a little more wine and patting me on the back for my effort. :)





Since this was a new venture for both of us we adapted our recipe from Bon Appetit's October 2009 Chocolate Stout Layer Cake.  For the stout we used Peak Organic's Oak Aged Mocha Stout, and Ghiradelli 70% concentration dark chocolate.  Check out the link for the full recipe and find ways to make it your own creation.  Next time I'm trying it with Cayenne in the frosting.


*Editor's note: I recommend breaking out the hand mixer for the egg whites.  I chose to whisk them by hand and while whisking by hand can give you some pretty serious biceps and forearms (new workout routine?) I won't judge if you take the easy route.   


Have a need for all things cake?  Contact Olivia at livskitchen@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...